Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer projects and purchases

July and August are really important months for me to prepare as much as I can for my future Kinder Kids.  I find lots of clever ideas during the school year, bookmark them, and revisit them during the summer months. 


                                
My first project was to make bookmarks.  In Kindergarten, the children's dexterity is still a work in progress.  Turning pages, looking for the next empty page can be difficult tasks.  So I went out and purchased lots of ribbons. I cut them to about 12 inches and used a hot glue gun to glue a 1/2 an inch on the back of their notebook.  Now they are nice and fastened and ready to go! 



My second project is my my most time consuming project.  It's a Calendar Journal I am making for each child.  In Kindergarten, repetition is vital!  Everyday we will use this journal.  They will get a better understanding of the days of the week, tally marks, and the months in the year.


72 glue sticks.  Everyone that isn't a teacher tells me that 72 is more than enough.  72 glue sticks will last me till January.  Each Kinder Kid learn to be responsible and to be held accountable for their glue stick.  All the glue sticks will have their number on the cap as well as the bottom of the stick.  It worked very well at the end of last year and I'm hoping it does the same this year!

UPDATE!
I have now purchased 104 glue sticks!  Ok... no more glue sticks for a while!

Next purchase.... erasers... reliable erasers!  Wish me luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment