Saturday, September 22, 2012

Days 8 - 12 and next weeks homework


What a fantastic week!

I began this week by introducing them their first letter... the letter "Mm".  The letter "Mm" makes the mmmmm (rub your belly) sound.

I also introduced them to their first 2 words (the & my).

On Thursday and Friday, we celebrated Elephant Appreciation Day.

Here are just some of the things they learned about elephants:

  • their trunk can grow up to 7 feet long
  • they live in herds
  • they use their ears to keep cool





They also learned better words or WOW words for the word "big", like huge, enormous, & gigantic.

We read some lovely books about elephants (non-fiction and fiction).  The KinderKids learned how to draw an elephant and described their own elephant! Each elephant was completely unique! I loved them all!!

Next week... Johnny Appleseeds birthday! Are you ready? ッ

Our Homework for the week


Some of our elephants!
















We even made an acrostic poem!

Some of the books we read.

I saw some watery eyes after reading this book!
I knew this book would be a winner!
Mo Willems is one of my favorite authors!

Like our elephant ears!?





No comments:

Post a Comment